The fun thing about this bag, is of course the shamrock decoration, the handstitched border, and the knitted straps.
Get creative with what fabric you choose for the shamrock, or create your own applique design! For the bag material, canvas obviously works best, but other sturdy fabrics could work, like corduroy or denim.
Finished measurements when laid flat:
14.5" wide x 15" tall (to where strap starts)
- Shamrock Tote Pattern pdf
- Canvas, corduroy, denim - any sturdy fabric. Consider upcycling something from your closet!
- Cotton quilting type of fabric for the shamrock - fat quarters from the fabric store, or again, something from your closet!
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating Thread
- Pinking Shears
- Basting Adhesive
- A chopstick or something to poke out the corners with
- Aunt Lydia's Classic 10 Crochet thread
- Embroidery Needle
- Knitting Needles - Size 6 US (4mm)
- Lily Sugar n Creme Cotton Yarn
Step-by-step video tutorial on YouTube: